Yeti Airlines/Tara Air
Aviation Security Department.
Security Notice to Passengers
A. Notice of restriction on carriage of restricted articles in an aircraft :
Yeti airlines and Tara Air have the pleasure to inform all the valued passengers about the articles which are allowed to be carried in an aircraft and those not allowed to be carried in an aircraft:
1. Articles not allowed to be carried in any part of aircraft:
· Acids, corrosives and radioactive materials
· Contraband: Such as drugs, antique, wild life products, excessive amount of currency (more than authorized by Government) and similar items.
· Un-authorized firearms.
2. Articles not allowed to be carried in cabin baggage (Hand Baggage), but may be allowed in checked-in baggage (Hold Baggage).
· Knives/ scissors and other sharp edged objects
· Sporting goods such as bats, sticks, weapons of martial arts,
· Knitting needles
· Tools – Such as screw driver, hammer, pliers etc.
· Other similar articles.
Licensed firearms may be allowed to be carried in hold baggage provided:
· The passenger possess all the necessary documents (such as the license and the authorization for transport from one district to another district issued by District Office).
· The firearm is not loaded.
4. Liquid, Aerosols and Gels( LAGS):
All kinds of Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAGs) such as water, body lotion, and shaving cream, after shave, moisturizer, face cream, tooth paste, alcoholic beverages and similar articles may be allowed to be carried in cabin baggage provided:
· All LAGs is carried in a container with a capacity of no more than 100 ml each or its equivalent in other volumetric measurement.
· LAGS in a container larger than 100 ml are unacceptable even if the container is only partially filled.
· Each container holding lAGs should be placed in transparent re-sealable plastic bag of a maximum capacity not exceeding 1 litre. The containers must fit comfortably within the bag, which should be fully closed:
· Each passenger is permitted to carry only one such bag of LAGs, which should be presented separately for security screening(Search)
Such as drugs, antique, wild life products, excessive amount of currency (more than authorized by Government) and other similar items are not allowed to be carried in aircraft.
B. Notice in regard of the contents of the baggage:
Passengers are also requested:
· To be aware with all the contents of their hand and hold baggage so that they will be able to answer the questions asked by airlines staff and airport security staff about the contents.
· To make sure that the souvenir, gift or any parcel given by their friends and relatives does not contain the restricted articles as mentioned above.